AL TYPE 40 (Universal purpose couplings)
- Low Pressure, Single valve Type
- Widely used and accepted couplings for air line connection.
- Socket have automatic shut-off valve so that fluid in the socket will not run out on disconnection.
- Important steel parts are hardened for high durability.
- Types 40 ( 44, 46 and 48 types ) are interchangeable and types 20 are the same, but not interchangeable between 20 and 40.
- Packing materials should be selected for the applicable fluid.
- Fluid should flow from socket to plug; in the opposite use, Please advise as "W TYPE".
- Scraps of the seal tape and dust causes fluid leakage. Be careful not to stick them to the couplings.
- Do not impact, hit, pull or bent. Don't dismantle. It causes damage to the coupling.
SpecificationModel444648Nominal size1/2"3/4"1"Nominal pipe size (mm)152025Body materialSteel (Chrome-plated), Brass,
Stainless steel (SUS304)ConnectionFemale thread(F), Male thread(M),
materialStandardNitrile rubber (NBR) : −20°C to + 80°COptionFluororubber (FKM) : −20°C to + 180°CNormal pressure,
Stainless steelNormal pressure 1.5MPa, Max. pressure 2.0MPaBrassNormal pressure 1.0MPa, Max. pressure 1.5MPaApplicable fluidSteelAir, Oil, etc.Brass,
Stainless steelAir, Water, etc.